Lightning in the mind

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Music lately

I haven't posted on this blog in a long time and for some reason I got the urge to list some records I am currently into!

#1: Tom Waits- The Heart of Saturday Night: This record is so smooth. Before Tom Waits became an agent of the underworld he
had a smooth side that would make a lady buckle at the knees. This record is perfect for a rainy night with a glass of scotch.

#2: Getz/Gilberto- Two jazz masters collided to create a cool, calm piece of music. I'm sure everyone of you has heard "A Girl
from Ipenema." This record is a beautiful combination of nylon string guitar, piano, light drums/percussion, and the
croonigs of Jaoa Gilberto.

#3: Nine Inch Nails- Year Zero(remixes): HOLY SHIT! I cannot stop listening to this record. Saul Williams and Trent Reznor
do a mean remix of Survivalism. Also, the Faint re-mixed Meet Your Master. I challenge anyone to put that track on without
moving a muscle in your body. IMPOSSIBLE... Dance Tastic.

#4: Battles- Mirrored: Need I say more. If you haven't heard it...do it.

#5: Deftones- Saturday Night Wrist: There are seriously some tracks on this record that sound like they could have been on
"Adrenaline." I love Chino Moreno...what can I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home