Lightning in the mind

Monday, December 18, 2006

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest”


I was compiling this massive entry on my recent re-reading of Night by Elie Wiesel and Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. The post basically reflected on how I have immersed myself in reading about the consequences of war. I accidently erased it, however, by ending safari suddenly. Therefore, I entitled my post with a quotation from Elie Wiesel.

I have been extremely excited about the United Students for Peace and Justice "Act Now to End the War " protest that is taking place on January 27, 2006 in Washington D.C. People in this country complain a lot (myself included). The democratic process doesn't respond much to whining. It does respond, however, to mass amounts of people marching on the capital demanding change. Let's show this administration how strongly we disagree with the Iraq war. We need to bring our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, and partners home.

ACT NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR GUILT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home